Friday, May 12, 2006

Update on our Boy.

So Isaac is almost 11 months old. This week we had a big achievement. Although Isaac has been getting around well doing his splits and pull forward moving technique and the roll to it technique and the I can drag my body there technique he is now mastering the I can really, truely crawl to it technique. He has finally gotten the hand and knee co-ordination required to crawl forward. I am very excited but also a little dismayed as I know that this is the end of motherhood as I have known it so far. Now I will forever be looking for my moving man. Heart in mouth as I realise that he is not in the living room anymore but has found his way to the missing ball under the dinig room table (thank God he didn't find the stairs) etc. Let the fun begin... He is also doing lots of hand holding and walking. Very unsteady at the moment but he has the right one foot infront of the other technique.

He is still only working with ONE tooth and there seems to be NO signs of any others. Bibs are just for food at the moment - not excessive drooling. There must be other teeth in there somewhere. At least he is over his "bite the boob" game he was testing me with for a while.

Lots of babbling still and lots of Mamma and Pappa and Dadda. He is also trying a "babababa" sound with his tongue out - I think it is the beginning of more complex sounds like "tha" and such.

He has become very definite with his feeding too. He clams his mouth shut and shakes his head side to side when he has had enough. Loves orange juice - much more than apple. And he is a pro with the sippy cup. I am very proud of this.

He is becomming such a big boy!